Welcome!

I am using this blog to tell everyone what I'm thinking and doing beforehand, during and after my exchange year in Finland for 2011.

Monday, December 27, 2010

The last month

So the 1 month mark for my exchange passed a few days ago! SCARY!
I have done quite a lot of preparation stuff, I did a test pack a few days a go, my suitcase came to 17 kgs which was with pretty much everything in it except a pair of shoes and my christmas pressies! My pins also arrived in the mail about a week ago! All 2800 of them! Dad is going to sell the ones I dont need, i'll probably keep about 400 of them. The main ones are a kangaroo, a kookaburra and a kangaroo with a boomerang.


I had a talk at my rotary club the other day, it was basically the talk that I would give to my finnish club talking about australia. I felt I went pretty well, I might have spoken a bit fast but the speech was pretty impressive if I do say so myself! I also got to wear my rotary blazer, I had a photo with Irene in it, I will post it when she gives it to me! I got an email from my travel agent 2 days ago saying that my tickets, passport and visa are in the mail and will be arriving within 7 days! Yay! Can't wait for them to get here, that will make it seem very real!


Anyway this was just supposed to be a short post, I will do a bit of a Christmas in Australia post soon when I have sorted through all my photos, I took hundreds! I will leave you know with an amazing photo that my Finnish counsellor sent me that was taken from his backyard and also a photo I took of the sunset at Brighton Beach on Thursday.



Also a list of awesome links to check out!
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas! 
xx
25 days! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm so happy than I found your blog =) I'm girl from Finland and I'm dreaming about exchange student year (I didn't know how I can write that?). I hope you like Finland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Im glad you enjoy my blog!
    Best wishes for everything, I hope your dreams come true!
    I am sure that I will love finland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, thanks for posting a link to my photography site (naturephoto.zenfolio.com). I update it regularly.
    I wish you have a great exchange in Finland. I too had that experience and it was awesome. I am still in touch with the people and country I visited.

    ReplyDelete

Ask away!

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!