Welcome!

I am using this blog to tell everyone what I'm thinking and doing beforehand, during and after my exchange year in Finland for 2011.

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Journey!

This will be mostly pictures of the 34+ hours that it took to get to Finland!

All the Family! 

IRENE!

Pam and David

Goodbye Adelaide!

Leaving Melbourne

The Melbourne to Singapore flight was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I just watched a movie, HIMYM, read for a bit and just chilled out. It was over in a jiffy!

Singapore! So many Boats! 

I didn't really take many photos in London but it was really fun! We were there for about 4 hours and it was all the Finalnders and a few Austrian exchangers all just hanging out in the London terminal! We all laughed at how they had the Queen on almost 12 different postcards and we fussed over how we had no idea how to pay for stuff! The flight to London was good, I slept for about 4 hours, but in that time it was Adelaide dinner time and I missed a meal while I was sleeping so when I woke up I was starving! 

Sweden from the air!

At the airport! 

After we hopped off the plane (whoo! Finnish soil!) we all got on a little bus that drove us to the termainal and we all got our luggage, went through immigration and we were greeted by Rotarians at that gate! At the time it was a bit surreal and frankly I was exhausted so I don't remember much of it. We then all piled onto the bus and waited forever for the next flight with the Perth kids and turns out it took them so long because they had lost Eamon's luggage! The trip to Karkku was pretty quick, I tried to stay awake and managed to succeed! When we arrived we had afternoon snack and then straight into bed!
Will post about some more awesome stuff later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask away!

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!