Welcome!

I am using this blog to tell everyone what I'm thinking and doing beforehand, during and after my exchange year in Finland for 2011.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

IskelmäViikko

Wednesday the 13th of July was the first day for the music festival happening in my city called IskelmäViikko. It is a pretty big event for the city and people come from all over Finland for it and the city is buzzing with people during it. During the day I was home by myself and I watched a movie and Sherlock Holmes and just lazed around after my exhausting week. In the evening I went with Henriikka to her friends apartment and we hung out there and then went to the festival. It was very busy and the atmosphere was great. The concert that night was Popeda which is a very famous Finnish band that have been around for quite a while. I had never heard of them but they are pretty good! I didn't get very many good pictures or videos because of all the light so I took some off the events fb page.




Thursday I was home again and I skyped Amy for her birthday and sung Happy Birthday to her in English and Finnish and then I got to skype Julie for the first time since she left Finland. When Ritva came home I went to the city center with her and we had lätty and walked around the marketplace for a bit. There was all these couple dancing the Jenkka and it just brought a smile to my face, my little city is pretty awesome. When we came home I watched a Finnish documentary that was really moving. It was called Miesten Vuoro but in English I think it is called Steam of Life if anyone is interested in looking it up. 



The dance is called Jenkka and it is a Finnish dance

Friday was filled with blogging and watching more Sherlock Holmes and then the movie Sherlock Holmes with Ritva and Henriikka in the evening. I cleaned my room as well, exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask away!

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!